Friday, August 14, 2009

My First Day at CO State Univ Animal Cancer Center


Hi folks! What a long day today! Two exams, blood tests and a super high resolution CT scan....just a bit groggy from the anesthesia, but I am doing well. The staff is nice here, and everyone seems so caring. I get to rest over the weekend and play with my new canine and feline friends at the Canine Health Resort (see pictures) Monday I will begin my radiation treatments. The radiation oncologists are going to be using Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), which is a precise beam that focuses on the tumor. It allows high doses of radiation to be delivered to my tumor with minimum exposure to my healthy tissue. There should be way less side effects and I should be finished in 3 sessions. I'll stay one more week just to make sure I'm fit to travel.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kisses,

    My prayers go with you as you as you take another step in your journey. I hope you'll be thinking of me as I continue on my path. Good luck my canine cousin.
    Dancer

    ReplyDelete